I have been very guilty of neglecting the housework to scrap and play with my kids. Lately life seems to be so busy that I am forever just quickly skimming over the housework. Now I don't for a minute love housework - but I do love a clean home, and I do get very frustrated and.. well crabby when it gets messy. So today we attacked the house, really a bit of a spring clean... except that it's autumn.
Spent two hours in Bianca's room, that girl has way too many clothes and toys. Managed to gather two large garbage bags of outgrown clothing for Vinnies and a small pile of things to sell on eBay. Dusted, vacuumed, tidied wardrobe and drawers - its now fit for a princess, not sure how long it will last though! Tackled the lounge, family room and kitchen after that. Mark cooked lunch and I scrubbed the bathroom. Not a very exciting way to spend a Sunday, but the house looks, smells and feels so lovely now, and I'm feeling pretty content.
My wonderful husband has just taken both my children, to the supermarket with him. I think he's very brave to take them at this time of day. I'm not complaining though , never say no to an hour of peace and quiet.
1 comment:
I had a good day yesterday, like this, where I just walked around all day, and dealt with messes and piles of junk that had been mounting up ... very satisfying feeling now! Well done ... :)
Post a Comment