I have none to show you! Sorry... had lots of things to do today. Bianca had an interview for kindergarten this morning. Thankfully my prayers were answered and she was polite, well mannered and pleasant LOL. Not that she isn't normally a sweet child, most of the time she is the most lovable little girl you could ask for. It is just that when she has a bad day... she has a REALLY bad day! Thankfully today was not one of those days. So she is off to Kindy for two days next year :( Oh dear my baby is growing up.
The principal was a little concerned about her speech. Bianca was "speech delayed" until she was two and a half, due to a total skull reconstruction she had at six months. I still don't understand how surgery at six months can affect talking twelve months later LOL, but hey who am I to argue with the specialist. So whilst she comprehended everything we said to her, she really has only been speaking for a year. I am hoping that given time she will just catch up, like she has in all the other areas.
So after the interview it was hair cuts for both kids, had to stop for lunch because they were hungry and I badly needed coffee and then tried unsuccessfully to buy a dress for Bianca. A few more errands and then home for a few hours before I head off to my paid job. It is absolutely freezing here today, it is only June and I am already sick of winter. Have to run, hope to have some layouts tomorrow.
3 comments:
So glad that everything went well ... I know how hard it is when you have an 'unpredictable' child! Here's to a smooth year for her ... :)
Wow, an interview for Kindergarten? I have never heard of that before, must be like an awesome kindergarten class that you need to pass an interview to be accepted, I don't believe we have anything like that in Canada. I am glad that all went well for you, your DD will love it and so will you, it is nice to have a little break from the kids every now and then.
You sound like you needed a hug today Jodie so here is one for you..
{{HUGS}}
An interview with the kindergarten...well that's interesting although I do know some states etc do it this was.... we don't do that here in Bendigo (VIC) but that's ok we just enrol have a transition period and all that jazz. I'm sure once she is in kinder and settles she will love it even with concerns over her speech.
Jodie hope you get a little time out over the weekend....certainly sounds like you need it.
Post a Comment