Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Stepping up to the challenge...

So Sharon has a challenge over at her blog, inspired by an Ali Edwards article in CK ... about scrapping the ordinary, everyday moments in life. As scrappers its easy to focus on the "events" in life, birthdays, Christmas, milestones... but it is the everyday moments that we are more likely to forget.... go over and check it out... there is a free gift at the end!

I actually have an album in progress called random days, inspired by the same article, just pages about what we were doing at a certain time in an ordinary day.... I just don't normally post them... But in response to Sharon's challenge here is this afternoon at my house


Credits: Lucky Star kit by Gina Cabrera
Font is Antique type

Alphabet by Peta Stokes - Little Possum Designs

Another layout prompted by Sharon... this one is about my kids love for Playschool. For any non Aussie readers Playschool is a kids TV program that has been on air for around 40 years. The theme song starts with the words "There's a bear in there...


Credits: Aero Kit by Sara Carling, Brush strokes by Michelle Coleman
Font is Century Gothic

Journalling reads: Playschool I loved it when I was a child and the two of you love it now. .. and what better way to spend a winter morning in the school holidays than watching Playschool in your pj’s
Jacob and Bianca June 14th 2006

Okay and Jasbeanie has a new kit out on June 15th, at Jasbeanie designs and SBB... and here is a layout of Jacob and his much loved teddy bear


Credits: Man o Man by Jasbeanie - available at Jasbeanie designs and SBB from June 15th Distressed alphabet by Jan Crowley

Okay do I have any other, non scrapping related news? Hmmm...not really! It is the last week of Jacob's school holidays and we are just taking it easy. Today we were actually still in our pj's at 12.30pm. It has been too cold to get out and do much here... that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Tomorrow Bianca has her interview for Kindergarten for next year. Now if you are a regular reader of my blog (Hi Sharon, Lisa and Peta LOL) you will know that Bianca is prone to being "difficult".... praying for a good day tomorrow.... wish me luck !


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous Jodi, beautiful layouts as always and wonderful photos. Gonna go check out Sharon's challenge (I am probably a bit late but no matter, still gonna hop in) thanks for sharing.

PS... I can't believe you create layouts and don't share them!!!! I love looking at all of your layouts, everything is always so well placed and your color combinations are so eye catching, you are such an inspiration. Even if you just share them on your blog, then at least those who frequent will get a sneak peek at all your gorgeous hard work, hee hee. Thanks for sharing these Jodi

ksharonk said...

Hey Jodie, thanks for joining in! For one dreadful moment there, I thought no one was reading my blog, and I would be the only one doing the challenge, but it looks as though there will be a couple of us, lol! I have a layout in mind already! Don't know which of your layouts I like best, so I might have to post both of them, if that's okay with you! :)