Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Printing, printing, printing...

No scrapping for me! Mark remarked last night that I hadn't used the printer much. The $500 printer we purchased to get my layouts off the screen and into albums. Hmmm... realised he was right. I always seem to be busy scrapping, or browsing online or chatting... never printing. Part of the problem is that it just feels so overwhelming. Two hundred or so layouts at last count ( that was a few months ago) and about 2 dozen printed. The maths is not good! Then I have to find enough horizontal surfaces, out of reach of little fingers, to lay them on to dry. But it will never get done unless I start, so last night I printed 40 layouts of Jacob. Today I am working my way through Bianca's album.

Its amazing how different the layouts look in print compared to on the screen. I would say that I am happy with the majority of them. Some of the elements are a lot bigger when printed than they appear on the screen, but nothing major. My munchkins are over the moon, to actually have their layouts in an album. Well worth the effort.

Bianca requested a photo shoot this morning LOL. She disappeared into her room, came out half an hour later wearing a pink fairy dress, high heels and a cowboy hat and requested that I "take lots of photos!" Oh gosh I have created a monster! Here's a shot, straight out of the camera, will edit later.


More next time...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

awww jodie that shot is so precious!! LOL at the fairy dress and cowboy hat!! hahahaha
Yeah I have been catching up on my printing too... I prefer them in the albums but its so much more fun to scrap them than it is to print them!! LOL

Lisa said...

OMG, too precious. I wish my little subjects were as willing as yours. WTG on printing, just curious what kind of printer you have and what size are you printing at Jodi? I ordered 12X12 photo prints from the 2Peas print place (can't remember the actual name) and was happy and disappointed with a few of them as well. Some the my elements also turned out too big. It is really hard to compare the screen with a print out. Keep up the awesome work!!!