
Credits: Vin by Tracy Ann Robinson available at Scrapbookbytes
Lace from Crisp Cotton Hideaway by Suzy Nunes available at Sweet Shoppe
Stamped alpa from Color Me by Little Possum Designs available at pickleberrypop
Tag by ksharonk
Staple by Shabby Princess
Font is Courier New
Well I know how she feels.... its hot here, far too hot for Tassie in October. On top of that it is so windy that I struggled to close the car door this afternoon and there a three out of control bushfires this afternoon.
The girl and I tried to shop for some clothes today....grrrrr! Now I know that I am picky, but it is my personal opinion that when you are a little girl, you should look like a little girl. I hate the tendency to sexualise little kids and have then looking like mini teenagers. That just the way I feel, its my opinion, if other people choose to think differently thats okay.... its just not something I want to do. So that said... we hit the shops in search of some summer clothes that looked vaguely like what I think 3 year olds should wear.
Hmmmm...... not a happy time. Bianca is on the fiftieth percentile for height and weight... so while she is not a skinny minny, she is certainly not overweight either. So why is it that to find a t shirt or polo shirt that is not skin tight on my three and a half year old - I have to buy a size five or six!!! And I wonder what sort of message that is sending to her when she says " I'm only three, why are we getting a five?" I mean I don't want a baggy shirt, but I would like one that skims her body, not hugs it! And what is it with mini bras in a size 2.... please! Maybe I am old fashioned.... but I reckon when you are a teenager then you can look like a teenager, you don't need to dress that way when you are three!
So needless to say it was not a very fruitful shopping trip. About the only good thing was the air conditioning LOL! Did manage to find some shorts, not the ones with sexy on the bum :O and a t shirts, some sandals and one dress. Not sure that two pairs of shorts, three t shirts and one dress will see her through summer though.
Enough venting from me.... going to sit in front of my airconditioner!
3 comments:
I know what you mean about the clothes, it's hard to find appropriate clothes even at Em's age (9 months)!
That photo is adorable though, I'm also a foot stamper...never quite grew out of that I'm afraid... LOL
I am SO with you on this, Jodie ... why do I have to dress my daughter in a skirt (in winter!) that is only 3 1/2 inches long? Consequently, she wears a lot of 3/4 pants and long shorts in summer ... sigh ... it's not going to get any easier, I should let you know! :)
Oh I am so with you!
I refuse to dress my girls in t-shirts that say 'trouble' or 'hot' they are not even three yet!
We have the same size issue and my girls are skinny, but long and me being the boring mother that I am I don't go in for midriff tops on my toddler, nor halterneck or strapless... hello sunprotection!?!?
But my biggest bug bare is that no one makes the same piece of clothng in more than one colour choice these days. I can't win, the girls want the same things on their t-shirts and yet I get frowned upon for dressing them the same... arrrghhh I feel your pain!
Post a Comment