I love going to the lake for the weekend... no phone :) no shops :) no pressing housework :) easy meals :) no computer :( .... not quite so good. It rained, then it hailed and this morning for about ten minutes it snowed... and yes this is spring in Tassie folks. But it was all good! We stoked up the wood heater, played some board games, ate some chocolate, my Mum and I watched Babe on DVD with the kids and had a wonderful relaxing time.
Then home tonight to reality.... bags to unpack, food to unpack, three loads of washing, a tired boy, lots of ironing and lunches to cut. Sometimes I wonder if all the hassle is worth it? But I love being near water and it is the most serene, relaxing place... so no doubt in a few weeks we will do it all again.
Mum and my step father are still there, lucky them! They will be heading our way tomorrow for grandparents day at Jacob's school on Tuesday. Bianca happily stayed for an extra night with them... actually she pleaded all morning until I said yes. Mum was a bit worried that she would get upset when we actually left. Not my girl, kissed both Mark and I, checked with Jacob if he would be okay for one night without her (how cute) and ran back inside before the car was even started. Nice to know we will be missed LOL!
So no photos, they are still on my camera and no layouts although I have new ct goodies to play with.... that will have to wait until later in the week... for now my bed is calling! Catch you all later...
2 comments:
Oh yes, Jodie ... you forgot to add 'no internet', lol! Glad you had a relaxing time, now back to reality! :)
Sounds like a lovely weekend despite the rain! I too love the water but it's a four hour drive to any type of substantial water mass. I have to 'touch base' every now and then though, so the drive (more often 10 hours to my parents) is totally worth it.
Hope Jacob's OK at school today and not too tired! :-)
Post a Comment