No scrapping yesterday :( but I did shop!!!! Amazing what you can achieve when you are child free. Dropped the munchkins off, went to a newly renovated shopping centre, found a nice coffee shop, first cappaccino of the day and made a list. Mark laughs at me every November because I can not even think about Christmas without THE LIST. The list has everyone's presents on it, both suggestions and what I have purchased already, wrapping and decorating stuff to buy, cards to send, the menu and household chores that I suddenly decide HAVE to be done before December 25th. He HATES the list LOL! Well this year, the chore list is small because I am not hosting Christmas.... we are all going up the coast to my Mums. A week by the beach - I can't wait. Which also means that there is no Menu on the list this year either.
Anyway, slightly off track here, I shopped, had another coffee, more shopping, ran into an old friend I hadn't seen for ages, another coffee.... feeling pretty buzzed by all the caffeine at that point and more shopping. And I have just about finished the Christmas gifts... only have my MIL and Jacob's two teachers to do. I have pretty much figured out what to get for them, so it is all good :)
So there is a bike for each of my little munchkins hidden in the shed. A hot wheels pump-up accelerator, I have repeatedly been told me how "cool" these are, and heaps of different drawing pencils stashed away for Jacob. Founded the cutest hand painted china teaset for Bianca and some make-up, some dvds and a few crafty kits. I always give my kids books and some new pj's or clothes at Christmas that I collect throughout the year, so I must get that out and sort through it. Bianca's birthday is on Dec 28th, so I have Dress up adventure Dora, some dolls clothing, a watch and I have ordered her a pink fishing rod. She loves fishing and she loves pink. A birthday three days after Christmas makes it so hard, have to come up with all the present ideas in the one hit.
My kiddos are at the local Christmas pageant with their grandparents this morning, Mark has gone fishing and I am surfing the net in my pj's . All is good with my world, hope its good with yours!
Catch you later.
3 comments:
I don't have a BIG list, but I do have several small ones ... maybe they should get together, lol? :)
I really should do a list...it makes sense but I never get to it! Know the frustration of birthday and Christmas in one hit, though I just used the Fisher Price sale to finish Emily's presents, just books to go now!
Ahhhh... I dream of the days when I will have more than 2hrs without kids.....mmmmmmm.....what a wonderful dream that would be, lol.
Next year Micheal start Kindergarten.... I can't wait, lol.
Good for you for getting on with your Xmas shoppingl, I haven't even started on a list yet - YIKES!!!
Post a Comment