Friday, January 12, 2007

Long and Rambling post ahead...

Well since I can't talk, I have almost totally lost my voice, figured I may as well blog. The good thing is that my throat no longer hurts, the bad thing is that my kids can't understand a word that I say.

So dh started holidays today, three weeks wahoo!!! Today we actually all stayed in bed until 9.00 am. Bianca came up and crawled in with us at about 6.30 am and we all promptly went back to sleep. Jacob surfaced around 8.30 am and came in for a cuddle and a story. Was so nice not to have to get up and rush. Got up and Humphrey Bear was on TV... have to say that this guy just annoys me! I found him annoying as a child and thirty five years later he still annoys me. I know its childish but I just feel like yelling at the TV "Speak for goodness sake!" And he still has no trousers, I thought some conservative person tried to insist that he be clothed below the waist... but obviously I was wrong.

After breakfast, I tackled our bedroom. I've been feeling very overwhelmed by clutter since Christmas. When I feel overwhelmed I tend to do nothing... resulting in more clutter... feeling more overwhelmed. Just a silly never ending cycle really. So I decided ONE room at a time, I can do that easily... and at least I will be doing something. Yesterday I splashed out and brought some new bed linen on sale for our bed, so I figured may as well start there. So have de-cluttered, sorted all the overflowing piles of magazines piled in the corner, been ruthless with the clothes in the wardrobe and attacked all the dust bunnies. The new bed linen looks great, just need to pick up a few coordinating pillowcases and I am done.

Speaking of clutter Lanne posted on her blog about a game she plays with her son called "Beat the Buzzer"... basically you set a timer and everyone picks up their stuff and returns it to its proper place... if you are all done before the buzzer sounds then there is a treat. I tried this tonight with the munchkins and it is fantastic!!! They have just discovered the concept of pocket money so I said "If you both beat the buzzer I will give each of you twenty cents" ( I know I am a cheapskate LOL, but hey they were happy) Set the buzzer for ten minutes and within five and a half minutes not a toy, piece of clothing, shoe or pencil was out of place. The best forty cents I have invested for a long time. A great idea from Lanne!!!


Today I even altered an item... Peta has no doubt fainted right about now. I have never paper scrapped and I consider myself "glue challenged" LOL. I go into paper scrapbooking stores, look at everything, get totally confused and leave again. The girls on Dani's altered team inspired me to have a go though... so I thought what have I got to lose? Had an old coffee tin, used one of Dani's kits that matches Bianca's room perfectly, put her name on it, printed it out and wrapped and stuck it round the tin. This is big for me... I am NOT crafty. Covered the lid with some more paper from the kit and I'm thinking that I need a "real" i.e. not digital, flower to stick on top. Bianca is over the moon, we can never find any commercial item with her name on it, so she thinks it's the best thing ever. I'll even post some pictures when its finished!!!

Okay so you are no doubt sick of my mindless chatter by now... some layouts. The first one is for the Amazing Digiscrapping Race and is an All about me altered trading card. Gosh what a mouthful that is. Peta, my absent partner ;) did remind me that I had resolved to put myself into more layouts this year... but I snuck this one in without a photo. I have never scrapped an ATC before, they have always seem a bit "arty" for a simple scrapper like me... and at first the canvas was so small - 3.5x2.5 inches, now how was I supposed to fit anything on that? Turned out to be fun once I got into the swing of it. And hey its good to be challenged to scrap new things and in new ways... am loving that about the race.

Blogger is being a pain tonight, won't let me paste credits or links and the spacing is all over the place. So if you really want to see the credits they are in my gallery at DST - link over there and up a bit >>>>>>


The second is Bianca back in November. Jadda was always her nickname for Jacob, even though she was perfectly capable of calling him Jacob she refused to. Jacob hated the name by the way, and she knew that! One morning she just got out of bed and announced that she was now going to call him Jacob. When I asked why, she told me because he "doesn't like Jadda". Well he hadn't liked Jadda for past two years but it had never made any difference.


Thats about all from me... well done if you made it all the way to the end!!!

Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like all the "blabbing"... keep it up! Although I would like your throat to feel better! Can't wait to see the altered tin (that coming from an "altered challenged" gal!)... sounds so cute! And, I wonder if Lanne's idea for cleaning would work for teenagers? I know, tho, that 40-cents would NOT work with my teens! LOL

Penelope said...

Nothing I like better than long posts! Love the beat the buzzer, was reading that on Lanne's last night, think Em's a bit little though - she pulls things OUT of the rubbish bin...

Love the altered tin idea, I'm thinking of making a banner for Emily's door with her name on it...but yeah, a bit scared LOL!