Saturday, January 20, 2007

A wonderful mess...

That was my house today! But it was a good mess, so that was okay. It rained, not a enough as we desperately need rain, just enough to be annoying and keep us housebound. So we decided on pyjama day, gotta love a pyjama day when its raining.

I pottered and cleaned out a few cupboards, put some sense of order in the boy munchkins room, a bit of ironing and a bit of scrapping. The munchkins played with their train set, played dress-ups, drew some pictures, played mouse trap with dad, spread toys from one end of the place to the other... and then because they saw in Jacob's words a "way cool thing to make" on television this morning convinced their father to take them to the shop for permanent markers.
What did they need permanent markers for? This....


Which while its not really my first fashion choice is apparently very cool when you are four and six! They wanted to create this work of art on their new white t-shirts, but their meany mother would not agree to this! She insisted that they use an old white singlet top, he he. So they sat patiently for 45 minutes putting hundreds of texta dots onto the singlet... then we had to get an eye dropper with methylated spirits and pour it over the dots... and the ink runs and creates what Jacob describes as a "radical illusion effect"


Hmmm.... I'll let you be the judge ;)

I have done some layouts but I can't show you yet. I will leave you with some cute photos of theoldest munchkin in bed tonight ... Mark and I used to say that he wasn't really "in to soft toys".... boy has that changed.


Can't show you Miss Munchkin as blogger has decided to be a pain.
Catch you all next time.

No comments: