Feels like ages since I did a "real" post, just been coming here, posting a layout and running off.
So what's been happening in my life? I was very, very spoilt at the weekend, my wonderful husband arranged a surprise get together in honour of my birthday. I was expecting my Mum, step dad, and my sister and her family for the weekend and we were just going out for a family meal together. I honestly am not phased about being forty, to me age is an attitude not a number, and I really didn't want any fuss made. Mark however is of the opinion that you only have milestone birthdays once... so when we arrived at the restaurant I was really blown away to see all my closest friends and extended family ready to celebrate with me. He did an amazing job of pulling it all together without me suspecting a thing. My oldest friend Amanda even drove three and a half hours with her family, arriving at 5.30 pm, caught a few hours sleep around midnight at our place and then got up at 4.30 am to drive back home. Her daughter was playing in a basketball tournament at 9.00 am, but she said she wouldn't have missed being here for the world. We have been friends since we were nine years old, such a sweet thing to do.
This week it has been back to the normal routine. Work, ferrying kids to school and swimming lessons etc. Jacob has been having a few worries at school. He is such a perfectionist and stresses so much if he gets even the slightest thing incorrect. I keep thinking life should not be this hard when you are six and a half.
Miss Bianca went to the paediatrician yesterday. I bribed and threatened her beforehand so thankfully this time she did NOT take her shoes off and throw at him. He is a wonderful doctor, she just doesn't seem to like him :( He was pleased with her progress, but concerned about her speech development. So finally we are off to the speech therapist and for a hearing assessment. I am pleased that finally someone is listening to me on this, sure she talks a lot, but I cannot always understand her, which is terribly frustrating for her. The only person who has always been able to figure out what she is saying is Jacob, strange how that goes.
Both the munchkins are home today. I don't know if they have picked up some strange viral thing, they were both awake for half the night with high temps and just generally unsettled. This morning they were still sleeping soundly, despite several attempts to rouse them, ten minutes before we needed to leave for school. Its cold and wet and I figured that home was the best place for them today. They seem okay at the moment, lounging on the couch watching some TV.
That's about all my news, I will leave you with a layout using a new kit from Little Possum Designs
So what's been happening in my life? I was very, very spoilt at the weekend, my wonderful husband arranged a surprise get together in honour of my birthday. I was expecting my Mum, step dad, and my sister and her family for the weekend and we were just going out for a family meal together. I honestly am not phased about being forty, to me age is an attitude not a number, and I really didn't want any fuss made. Mark however is of the opinion that you only have milestone birthdays once... so when we arrived at the restaurant I was really blown away to see all my closest friends and extended family ready to celebrate with me. He did an amazing job of pulling it all together without me suspecting a thing. My oldest friend Amanda even drove three and a half hours with her family, arriving at 5.30 pm, caught a few hours sleep around midnight at our place and then got up at 4.30 am to drive back home. Her daughter was playing in a basketball tournament at 9.00 am, but she said she wouldn't have missed being here for the world. We have been friends since we were nine years old, such a sweet thing to do.
This week it has been back to the normal routine. Work, ferrying kids to school and swimming lessons etc. Jacob has been having a few worries at school. He is such a perfectionist and stresses so much if he gets even the slightest thing incorrect. I keep thinking life should not be this hard when you are six and a half.
Miss Bianca went to the paediatrician yesterday. I bribed and threatened her beforehand so thankfully this time she did NOT take her shoes off and throw at him. He is a wonderful doctor, she just doesn't seem to like him :( He was pleased with her progress, but concerned about her speech development. So finally we are off to the speech therapist and for a hearing assessment. I am pleased that finally someone is listening to me on this, sure she talks a lot, but I cannot always understand her, which is terribly frustrating for her. The only person who has always been able to figure out what she is saying is Jacob, strange how that goes.
Both the munchkins are home today. I don't know if they have picked up some strange viral thing, they were both awake for half the night with high temps and just generally unsettled. This morning they were still sleeping soundly, despite several attempts to rouse them, ten minutes before we needed to leave for school. Its cold and wet and I figured that home was the best place for them today. They seem okay at the moment, lounging on the couch watching some TV.
That's about all my news, I will leave you with a layout using a new kit from Little Possum Designs

1 comment:
Hope the munchkins feel better soon Jodie! The dinner sounds lovely, what a special husband you have!
Post a Comment