The girl and I then headed for the nearest shopping centre to buy a birthday present we needed. Arrived to find that the heaters in Target were broken! It was four degrees outside and probably the same inside, so we shopped very, very quickly. Managed to find a warm coffee shop and a nice hot chocolate, so all was not lost.
Came home, shuffled loads of damp washing from the airer to the dryer and then folded and ironed... but at least we were warm.
We head off to collect the boy from school and notice that there seems to be lots and lots of traffic. Uh oh... turn on the radio to find that a crane has fallen over on one of the bridges over the Derwent River and they have closed that bridge. We live on the eastern side of the river and school is on the western side... so we battle on to school, it takes double the amount of time, but we did make it before the bell. Wednesday nights is swimming lesson nights on... you guessed it... the eastern side of the river. So we hop in the car, along with everyone else in Hobart it seems and battle traffic to cross back over the river. Normally a ten minute trip... last night it took sixty five minutes! If I could have managed to get off the highway and turn around I would have just gone home instead, but I couldn't. Finally get to swimming lessons and their pool heater is BROKEN! So the water is icy cold, the instructors are wearing wet suits and of course my kids still want to get in! I ordered the largest strongest cappuccino they had and a chocolate bar... because chocolate fixes everything. Dressed the frozen, purple children after half an hour and slowwwwly made our way home. So that was my day, not one I wish to repeat in a hurry.
Miss B went back to kinder today after the holiday break, so the house is very quiet... it should also be very tidy, but instead I scrapped lol.
My two little munchkins in September 2005...

Credits HERE
Have a great day, and if its winter in your part of the world, stay warm :)
2 comments:
ONe of those days hey Jodie? (((hugs)))
Ohhhhh ... your day was even worse-er than mine, and I didn't think that possible! :)
Post a Comment