Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Fairy questions...

FINALLY... the boy munchkin has lost his first tooth... whilst eating a kinder surprise. So at last he gets to put a sticker on the lost tooth chart in his classroom.

I was informed that the tooth fairy paid $5.00 to a class mate for a lost tooth... hmmm well not in this house she doesn't! This week she had lots of lost teeth to collect, so a gold coin was in order.

We were lucky that she visited at all because we temporarily lost the tooth. After the initial excitement and him peering in the mirror for five minutes, I said to Jacob to go and put the tooth in a glass of water. So he does and leaves the glass sitting on the sink. Ten minutes later, Mark goes into the kitchen to clean up and on auto-pilot tips the glass of water and the tooth down the drain, and starts washing up. I'm not sure what made me ask "where is the tooth?" but thankfully I did ask before we ran even more water. So after tears from Jacob, and Bianca because Dad was mean and Jacob really wanted his tooth, we dismantled the plumbing and thank heaven the tooth was stuck in the pea trap. So the day was saved and the tooth returned to a glass of water beside Jacob's bed.

This morning he was excited to find $1.00 in the glass... but then says to me "You took the tooth out and put the money in didn't you Mum?" I denied this of course, but I'm not sure he is convinced. I was a bit sad that he had doubts, I love that magical age of believing in Santa and fairies and I can see it starting to end.
The girl munchkin of course thinks he is so silly... how could you not think the tooth fairy is real?

I did manage to get Bianca into the doctor yesterday... we sat in the waiting room, with her coughing continuously for ten minutes and then the nurse ushered us out the back to the treatment cubicle. Saw the first doctor, who calls a second, who calls a third... the girl is still coughing and coughing... and the consensus was Whooping Cough. Yes she is immunised, but apparently it is not always 100% effective. So now we have antibiotics for a week, codeine for the cough which thankfully is giving her a few hours relief from the continual hacking and no school for at least this week. She has not complained once... just been either in bed or lying on the couch since Friday afternoon. Today Mark is home with a sore throat, aches and pains, so I have tucked them up for a snooze together.

Thats about all the news for today, might take advantage of the peace and quiet and go and actually scrap a layout.

2 comments:

Penelope said...

Yay for Jacob! My the tooth fairy is quite generous these days huh...

And Bianca...you poor chook, I hope you feel better soon!

katef said...

Oh yay for the tooth fairy visit.. wow you are good for dismantling the plumbing to get the tooth!

Poor Bianca... and poor you... bet the Dr is damn glad they could fit you in... and yeah don't get me started on the sate of GP health care either!