Sunday, November 11, 2007

A good weekend...

We went to the lake... I'll admit that I didn't really want to go. Sometimes the effort of getting us packed and organised just seems like to much of a hassle and it feels easier to just stay at home... and I miss my computer. But the rest of my family really wanted to go, so we went. So glad that I did because I remembered why I love it there... peace, quiet, water to sit and look at, no phones (well my new 3G mobile does work there, I just haven't told many people) an open fire to read in front of, nice hot deep baths... and I didn't even miss my computer.

We were blessed with beautiful weather, both days we packed lunch mid morning and went out in the boat for the day, no jumpers or jackets and Bianca and I sat on the bow dangling our legs in the water... that does not happen very often in the highlands of Tasmania lol! Despite trying hard we didn't catch a fish, but the boy munchkin who has until yesterday declared fishing as "being so boring" said with an exaggerated rolling of his eyes, learnt to cast and then very quickly became hooked. His first words after breakfast this morning were "Can we go fishing?"

Miss B occassionally fished with her pink fishing rod, but mainly she sat daintily in the front of the boat, on a cushion blowing bubbles and arranging her tea set and teddies.

Me I just found some peace and some balance, something that has been missing in my life lately, and just enjoyed spending time with my family... now if we could just get some computer access it would be a perfect weekend ;)

2 comments:

Carol said...

It sounds like it was absolutely perfect Jodie. A good way to recharge the batteries.

Peta said...

I wana go to the lake with you!! :)

So have to make sure I come visit in "Lake Weather" hehe.

I hope you are keeping a list of things to do for when I visit!!!