Sunday, December 23, 2007

Finding joy...

Like everyone else my life is far from perfect. This December in particular has not been without its problems and family stresses. And I will admit that there have been days when I was just tempted to either stay under the covers or to jump on a plane and run away from lifes problems.

But in the midst of all of this there are little moments that make it all worthwhile. Moments like today when I was cooking Christmas biscuits with the munchkins. Kiss Biscuits that I first learnt to cook with my grandmother, Christmas music playing, flour absolutely everywhere and we were giggling as they tried to "flip like a pancake" the cut out biscuits on the tray. In that moment I was filled with so much love and joy that I felt like my heart could burst. Those are the moments that make it all worthwhile.

Where ever you are or who ever you are with this Christmas, I truly hope your heart is filled with joy.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Just popping in Jodie to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year. Wishing you peace and happiness and see you in the new year.
Hugs Chris xxoo

Shen Guthrie said...

Merry Christmas Jodie... Wishing you and the family a joyful holiday season! Kisses to the munchkins!