Other weeks are not so great. Nothing major happening, just lots of small stuff... but if you pile enough small stuff up, it makes a really big pile.
The boy munchkin is struggling a but with settling back into school. The school work is not a problem, but this year he is in a different class to most of his friends and I think just feeling a bit lost. It tears at my heart strings to hear him say that he played in the sandpit all alone or only with his sister at lunchtime. We have talked about some strategies and things he can do and say to help and he said today was a "better day". I am sure he will find his feet, it's just not nice to see him unhappy.
So we are fully back into the swing of school time now... art lessons, swimming, homework, spelling lists to learn, home readers to listen to and footy starts in a few weeks. Miss B desperately wants to start ballet, but I am trying to hold off on that for a while. She is so tired after a full day in class that I don't really think she needs an after school activity just yet. Oh and the speech therapy, lets not forget that we have a list of words to recite, five times each, five times a day!
Oh gosh I miss the summer holidays!
1 comment:
last try (least I copied what I wrote before hitting submit this time)
(stupid blogger!)
lets see if I can say all that again *grumble*
1. Poor Jacob. I hope that he has some new play mates soon and this is all just a distant memory. (love that you have talked about different things he can do to over come all this - you're a great mum)
2. hehe at B wanting to be a ballerina - she'd be soooo cute in a tutu.
3. Don't go getting buried in all that small stuff missy. But does sound like you guys have a lot on and are doing well with it all.
4. Glad to hear the Garage sale went well! it is a surprise when you do those just what people buy (and how much they will pay for it hehe)
Okay I think that's everything - I even found more stuff - so I will forgive blogger for the moment.
ohh and I have something I need to send to you (two things actually) better right myself a big old note right now or I'm sure to forget and in two months time it'll be like "shit i forgot to send that to Jodie (again)"
hehe. :P
Post a Comment