I'm blaming Kate for all the time I wasted last night! She posted on her blog about Groovy Lullabies with links to you tube. And right there in front of me was a link to Morning Town Ride ... now as Kate says on her blog this is a daggy song, but it was the lullaby of my childhood. I clicked and suddenly I was five years old and tucked tight under purple blankets listening to the seekers on a LP. Amazing how a song can have the ability to transport us back in time.
The music I grew up with at home is right up there with Morning Town Ride in the dagginess stakes... Neil Diamond.. I think my dad owned every single album he ever released. Wandering through you tube last night I could still perfectly recall the lyrics to each of his songs I clicked on... and that made me happy.
1 comment:
So glad I could take you back to your childhood! ;) I have spent hours and hours listening to you-tube videos of later finding these lullabies... and I mean HOURS since our dial-up is soooo slow I have to wait 15 minutes for it to load once then replay it! But ooh Neil Diamond... I love all the old daggy stuff.. off for a listen now!
Post a Comment