Saturday, March 29, 2008

For Beatrice...

Who asked how I modified a template from this set to an 8.5 x 11 inch size ...



To get this layout....


Gran's Easter Egg Hunt

Okay firstly let me say that I am a novice in PSE... I'm a DIP girl, but I am slowly, with lots of hair pulling learning PSE. This is what works for me... if anyone has a better idea feel free to let me know.

So in PSE 4.0 this is what I do....
  1. Open the template and make a duplicate copy
  2. Resize the Image to 8.5 x 8.5 inches
  3. Then resize the Canvas to 8.5 x 11 inches
  4. Stretch the background layer to fit and "fiddle" with positioning of the template till it looks right and you are done!

Some templates are easier than others... but most can be made to work.

Hope that helps Beatrice :)

2 comments:

Beatricemi said...

oh my - thanks so much for answering my post. I will be going shopping now for sure (lol). I love all your layouts- I really appreciate your taking the time to explain it to me! I am really a digital rookie but looking forward to learning.
Thanks again!
Beatrice

Melissa said...

Your instructions are terrific! Thank you.