Wednesday, April 23, 2008

In April 2000....


Eight years ago this week I finished full time work. I was thirty three weeks pregnant. Officially I was only on maternity leave, officially I planned to go back. Deep down in the corner of my heart I think I had a tiny inkling that my life was about to change in ways I had never expected.
Six weeks later, after twenty five and a half hours in labour the midwife placed a dark haired little bundle on my chest and I just knew that nothing would ever be the same. I love my husband and my family with all my heart and soul. But nothing compares to the love I feel for this little guy. He made me a mother, he taught me to see what is really important in life.
That dark haired little bundle is almost eight and already counting the weeks to his birthday. Almost eight years with him, somedays I still have to pinch myself to believe he really is mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You articulated that so well Jodie! Thank you for sharing. I have always said that life is all about families and once you have children you will never look back!