Thursday, May 22, 2008

C C Cold.....

Quick post as my warm bed is calling. It's been very cold here today. I don't love the cold, but given a choice I would take cold over being hot any day. Miss B had her school photos and the powers to be decreed that the girls needed to wear short white socks. I did feel sorry for her with bare exposed legs this morning... it was minus 1 degree when I dropped her at school. Great weather for snuggling up at home in front of the heater, which is how my munchkins got to spend the evening. They were home and changed into pj's and fluffy socks by 4.00pm, way too cold to go outside, so I figured they may as well go straight to pj's. Me I was not so lucky, I had to head out for a very slow and quiet night at work... understandable really, given a choice I would have stayed inside and warm as well.

And last but not least a layout for you... you can find the gorgeous kit I used HERE at {we are} storytellers


Credits HERE

2 comments:

Carol said...

Jodie, what a beautiful photo of the two of you. And I hear you about the cold, but the best thing we did was put a log fire in, mmmmmmm (considering I'm obviously in the sticks and we don't have mains gas in this town!!!!! grrrrrr).

Anonymous said...

i now have you on an rss feed into mail and this came through. yes.. i am officially behind. You are a 'better mum' than I am .. when it comes to the powers that be they can bite me. Lochie would have gone to school with socks in his bag and a letter in his hand.

Dear Ridiculous Request Maker,
I have neither the patience or time for such silly ideas as making children wear bare legs and short socks on a cold day. My child is dressed appropriately for the weather, not for frost bitten smiles on photo day. Please change her into supplied socks and back out again if you insist. Please feel free to contact to discuss further.

The Mother.

;) My mother wrote scathing notes to my teachers enlightening them about fair children and sunscreen. She also rather enjoyed scolding my year four teacher on his dress standards on a cold day. She signed every one of the Many Thanks... in the same script... every time. Makes me smile every time I think of it. most motherly thing I can think of her ever doing. LOL I shall be that mother.