Tuesday, June 03, 2008

What's in a name?

Remember being pregnant and the agonising over baby names?
I do, we had several books, lots and lots of lists and we went back and forth, to and fro countless times before we managed to make choices that we both loved. Do I refer to my children by these well debated names... not that often actually. Instead they have a variety of nicknames that one or both of them answer to... squirt, possum, matey, snugglepot, skinny minny, or chickadee. Funny how I never agonised over these!

Me and my two little chickadees on Mother's day...


Credits HERE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laughing.. well today I was told.. Mummy, please stop calling me monkey or monk.. it is bothering me. .LOL

Apaprently, Chookie bear, the chook *which we reserve for talking ABOUT him not to him* bubba blue, sweetheart, darling boy, The boys.. darling child of mine, budda, buddy, Lochs .. Lochie Monster and kiddo.and Little Man (last two care of grandma). are all PERFECTLY acceptable. Just not Monkey.

Oh and the baby name books. ... argh!