
My two munchkins whispering secrets, probably plotting some innocent mischief. I took this photo in September 2005 and I can't recall what they got up to afterwards. I can recall that on the day I took it they were alternately best of friends and worst of enemies. In the almost three years since, not a lot has changed. One minute they share confidences, help each other, chat and play... the next they snap at each other, won't answer if the other speaks to them and to all observing appear as though they really can't stand each other.
I wonder sometimes if my sister and I were like this. Did we bicker this much? Did I as the eldest, frustrate her as much as Jacob frustrates Bianca at times? Did she feel as unfairly treated as my youngest child does? Everyone tells me that all siblings fight, so I am sure we were no exception. Time however has dimmed the memory of it and brought greater understanding and patience... as I hope one day will happen with my two.
So I wait and hope... I mostly ignore the squabbles, encourage them to sort things out themselves, intervene when necessary and talk a lot about being polite....but some days I am so weary of all the teasing and bickering... some days I just wish for more of these moments of sharing secrets.
2 comments:
Oh how timely. My sister arrives sat. I am not going to see her (or my BIL, niece and nephew).. because i HAVE to see them the following week.. and we last about 15 mins MAX. Why blow it all at once? LOL We fought constantly! She was a total pain .. I cursed her existence my entire childhood/teen years. We can now have phone conversations. Short ones. But put us in the same room as my mother and it ends badly. We dont fight openly now.. but frustrations run HOT. LOL She is just as annoying and petty and demanding as she was as a child. It all rushes back... be grateful your two have positive times.. probably means a solid friendship when they are older.. well. 21 or better ;)
This is such a sweet photo and page!
Post a Comment