Tuesday, November 25, 2008

For Carol...

Finally as promised months ago, some sewing photos...

Miss B has named this one "The apple skirt" ... super easy based on this Twirly Skirt tutorial at Going Sew Crazy



She informs me that she "loves the apples, but it doesn't twirl quite enough!"



I call this one "The scrappy haby skirt"... because it is made of lots and lots of little strips of fabric and a collection of bits and pieces from the ribbon basket. I love this one, but it took me hours... don't think I will be recreating it in a hurry.





And it twirls really well, which is very important when you are five...

And this third one is Miss B's favourite, she insisted I take "photo's for Carol". Why is this her favourite?... simple really, I let her pick the fabric, its pink, has more apples and since she chose from the bargain bin and it cost me about $5.00 in total... I happily let her wear it in the yard, in the sandpit, hanging from the swing and making mudpies. I think if I let her she would probably sleep in it. Oh and not to forget.... it twirls !!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely AMAZING skirts Jodie! She's adorable in them!!!!!

Anonymous said...

love love love the red and blue one! where did you get the pattern from?

Carol said...

OMG Jodie !!!! How on earth did I miss these posts??????? The skirts are terrific. Absolutely! And Miss B wears them well and well, let's face it, she looks like she's one of the best twirlers I've ever seen. They are wonderful Jodie. How proud you must be.