Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Ordinary days...


Ordinary January days around here, days that I really love. Sleeping late, coffee and toast for breakfast. Staying in our pj's. Some web browsing and ds playing. Going out if we feel like it. Some crafting. Some reading. Some splashing in the paddling pool. Cold drinks and summer fruits. My two playing together. Only the occasional sibling squabble. The pressure of not having to rush.
Much relaxing in our house this week. We ventured out yesterday for lunch with my sister in law. Miss B and Auntie R went off for an appointment for ear piercing, a promised Christmas present from her favourite aunt. Jacob and I waited outside, we decided it would be less drama if Mum wasn't present. Of course I worried needlessly, determined little Miss that she is, she never even flinched. Lazy afternoon of dvd watching and then we collected dh and went to Twilight Splash at the local aquatic centre. Some lap swimming and some practising with the new flippers and snorkel. The munchkins and dh dived off the 1m springboard, but I had retreated to the cafe with coffee by then. If it's a choice between deep water and coffee... well the coffee will win every time :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sounds just lovely... I am all for lazy summer days!

Carol said...

Oh my! Miss B looks so grown up with her earrings in. They look beautiful.