
"It's a sad world today" were Bianca's words to me at breakfast. As we sat having toast and coffee, with tears running down our cheeks, I had to agree with her. The weekend fires were the worst natural disaster to ever occur in Australia, at present 131 people have died, whole towns are just wiped off the map. It was a very sad weekend for our country.
If you can spare a few dollars you can donate on line here. As a family we all decided to give up our weekly takeaway night for the next month and donate the money we would have spent.
Tonight I am busily sewing drawstring bags to be filled with goodies to comfort children who have nothing. If you want to help, either by sewing or donating goods details are here

2 comments:
Oh Jodie, what a great site, I've already donated money but still feel I want to do more. Off to have a good read. Thank you.
{{{big hugs for Miss B}}}
Yes such a tragic weekend Jodie and we are still counting the cost. I just heard on the radio that 181 are now confirmed dead and that count it still yet to rise. I have donated to the Red Cross and will also get goodies together here for our very own people affected by the fires in our area. 57 homes lost and whole streets wiped out. It saddens me deeply because they are now saying that the Bendigo fires were deliberately lit.
Post a Comment