Today was tough. Tough enough to almost make me wish for sleepless nights, colic and teething troubles again... because I could figure out how to fix them.
My independent, feisty, determined daughter and I have butted heads for the past twenty four hours. It has involved lots of tears, stamping of feet, yelling, time in her room thinking and trying to talk me around on her part. Lots of "broken record technique" repeating of requests, counting to ten and trying to stay calm on my part. There are toys now in time out. Privileges removed and still it continues.
She is stubborn, very stubborn. But if needed I can be even more stubborn. She will learn to speak to everyone in this house in a respectful voice, she will learn that things cannot always go her own way and she will learn to admit that sometimes she is at fault as well... or she will sit and think in her room until she turns 18 lol! I can't even remember now what started it all, no doubt something small and insignificant. I can't figure out what is going on, if there is a bigger problem that is troubling her. I try to talk to her and she says "she can't get the words out"
Tonight, after many tears at bedtime she finally came to her door and called softly that she had something to tell me..."Sometimes I think I hate you, but really I don't"she said. Like I said, a tough day for everyone.
4 comments:
Awwwww... That just made my heart melt. I hope you get things sorted out with Miss B. I know you will have better times soon!
Maybe this will help get your mind off things for a few minutes, cause I'm tagging you! List 6 uninteresting facts about yourself and tag 5 other people, and link back to me.
Oh my gosh Jodie, I can feel your pain here. Have you asked your mum whether you were much like Miss B at the same age? I wonder if that's the butting heads? Not the being disrespectful, but just the feistiness? Tomorrow will be a better day.
Oh my I think that her saying that is even better than he saying I love you.... things will get better... eventually...
Stubborn, yes. But you've got to be proud of her for being able to articulate those feelings at the end. Good job!
Post a Comment