Saturday, May 02, 2009

The birdcage skirt...



See that black fabric, the one that I am sure has an image of a cake beater on it? Well according to Miss B that is a birdcage. Nothing can convince her otherwise, so this has become The Birdcage skirt.



I love this fabric, it has a beautiful depth of colour and a nice weight. I struggled to find a red top to match it though, everything I looked at was too "pinky red". In the end, despite the fact that I am not really a fan of black on little girls, I ended up going with a simple long sleeved black tee. I may be brave enough to attempt to applique one of the birds or an apple on the top... or then again I may not...



Miss B, just loves that it is full and twirly, and proudly tells everyone that "Mum made this skirt for me".


Unfortunately her delight does not extend to posing nicely for photos!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Jodie that skirt is Adorable! I wish I could sew but I think I don't have the patience....I am a pro with the Hot Glue Gun though....haha Miss B would have to wear hot glued clothes, then she would really be frowning.
Happy Birthday, a little late but absolutely heartfelt!

katef - www.picklebums.com said...

Oh that is just gorgeous! I normally don't like black on kids either but that looks so classy and lovely... I'm tempted to make something like for my girls!

Carol said...

Oh Jodie, it's absolutely fantastic, the colours just pop and doesn't Miss B look fabulous in it. I can't get over how grown up she looks.

tricia said...

That skirt is just too cool! Sooo cute, and I love the 'bird cage':)