It was the sound of the hairdryer that caught my attention. I had sent her to have a shower. She is seven now and very proud of the fact that she can finally manage to turn the shower on for herself. But the hairdryer, that was new. I rattled the handle on the bathroom door. Locked, that was new as well. "Everything okay?" I asked, "Fine" she replied.
She emerged after half an hour in an excited perfumed whirl. Favourite nightdress on, washed and blow dried hair. She was perfumed and moisturized and so very proud. "You look beautiful" I said and she happily cartwheeled her way off to bed.
A sign of things to come. She is only seven years old. Heaven help me when she is a teenager.
2 comments:
Oh Jodie, can't believe Miss B is growing up so fast, the good news is she is still young and free enough to cartwheel...as long as she never loses that all will be good.
xoxo
anna
Oh my goodness Jodie, yes, you are going to have to fight for bathroom time, that I see, plus all your favourite perfumes she will probably bathe in because it smells so pretty. But then you say about the cartwheel and that just makes me smile. We're always still young at heart, even when we're trying to be so very grown up.
Post a Comment