Tuesday, January 04, 2011

And onto 11...

For me 2010 seemed to pass in a blur of jumbled thoughts and images.
My work hours increased, which was both good and bad.
The nature of my work changed dramatically.
A change that took me on a 180 degree turn from where I had been heading.
A change that I was, and still not am entirely happy with... but for now I make the most of what it is.

My kids are growing up.
They are eight and ten... how did that happen?
I have watched them change and grow.
They are slowly spreading their wings and taking tentative steps away from me.
I watched with wonder as they started to figure out who they will become.

2010 was a year of great joy, wonderful achievements.
Some good changes for all of us as Mark's work brought him closer to home.
And some really tough times.
There were lots of tears and lots of heartache, especially for my little girl.
New friends and the unexpected loss of some old ones.
There were some big decisions to be made.
Some changes ahead for all of us.

And now 2011...
I wonder what it will bring?

1 comment:

Carol said...

Well my dear friend, I hope it brings you and your family health and happiness and time to enjoy each other and life. That's what it's all about. Happy New Year my friend.

PS : I also hope 2011 brings you back to blogging a bit more (but then that is me being selfish!!)