Time heals and time moves on and all the fierce determination in the world cannot alter that fact. "I wish we could go back, just for one day" my children say to me.
I wish we could too, but I sadly know that we can't.
I don't like winter, I am glad that it is almost over.
But it feels like the year has lasted for ever and at the same time slipped by in the blink of an eye.
I come here and I struggle with the words to explain my life.
I miss my stepfather, my inlaws are unwell.
The roles have changed within our extended families, suddenly we are making the hard decisions for our parents.
It is probably human nature to always think there will be enough time with the people we love.
Enough time to say all the things we should, do the things we want to.
I'm not good at living in the moment.
I tend to always be worrying about what is coming next.
I'm determined to try and change that.




1 comment:
Hey you. Just wanted to say hi. And I'm pretty sure you will come through the other side here smiling. Yep, it's hard when roles are reversed, shouldn't be like the. But you are such a sensitive girl, the roles will be reversed and you will give them so much dignity that they will still be in charge.
Post a Comment