Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday - Housework Day?


Credits: Zoom Zoom Kit by Sandra Boddington
available at Sweet Shoppe Designs

Friday is my day to myself, Bianca goes to day care and of course Jacob is at school. I always begin with good intentions of completing all the housework and assorted errands. Truth is that lately I'm scrapping instead.
I was inspired by the very talented Suzy Nunes to scrap an everyday moment, so as I was gathering countless little cars from every corner of the house I snapped this picture. Any excuse to avoid housework! And I had just downloaded the perfect kit for a car layout... the rest is history.
I've just discovered Sandra's designs at the Sweet Shoppe and I have a feeling I will be parting with some more hard earned cash real soon.

Helped out in Jacob's classroom today and decided that teachers are paid far too little. Jacob has a very capable teacher, a full time teachers assistant and his classmates are really sweet kids. But after an hour and half in a room full of five year olds I was well and truly ready for a strong coffee and some peace and quiet. I take my hat off to teachers everywhere, I don't know how they put up with the constant demands for six hours a day. I know I couldn't do it.

Jacob has settled well into Prep. I wouldn't have said that he was unhappy last year at Kindergarten, he just wasn't very excited about it. Even at the end of the year he was still clingy and saying he didn't want to go to school. This year he is so eager and excited to get to school each morning. When I asked what he enjoyed most about school his answer was "the work they give me to do". Lets just hope it lasts.

Anyway, thank goodness its Friday. I did manage some housework today, tired children are fed, bathed and asleep. Going to visit my new niece tomorrow so hope to get some pretty photos.

No comments: