Saturday, March 18, 2006

I was right......


If you let a five and a half year old and a three year old sleep from 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm they will still be awake at 11.00 pm!

It was kind of inevitable, they wore themselves out at the park playing with Amelia. Then in the car for the drive home Bianca managed about 5 minutes before falling asleep. Fifteen minutes later Jacob was flaked as well. At least Mark and I had a nice quiet trip home. No arguments, no asking when will we get there, didn't even have to play eye spy!

Have to admit that it was kind of nice to have them both awake and pleasant this evening. It was great to arrive home and not have to watch the clock. Normally I am rushing to get both of them fed, bathed and into bed before they get overtired. We had a nice relaxing night, dinner in front of the TV, a shower and watched the Commonwealth games for a while. They both played with Lego and Jacob read me his home reader a few times. I love just the simple, unrushed time with my family.

Did manage to get one Layout done of my two beautiful nieces. Used the gorgeous Sugar Doodle Kit by Mindy Terasawa, available from Sweet Shoppe Designs.

Its been a very long day, so off to bed for me.

1 comment:

ksharonk said...

Such a pretty layout ... the girls are gorgeous! :)