
Long story about this layout.....Bianca had craniofacial surgery when she was six months old. She recovered well but a side effect that we didn't expect, and weren't really told about, was a delay in her speech. For a long time she just didn't talk much. She understood every thing that was said to her and she was very good at letting us know what she wanted without speaking. So good that one of our friends used to refer to her as Marcel Marceau the famous mime artist!
Last April her paediatrician diagnosed her as "speech delayed" and told us that we had to strongly encourage her to become more verbal. It was a frustrating time for us all. Bianca would point to something or show us what she wanted and we would have to say "I don't understand, tell me with your voice". She would look at us like we were crazy, you could almost see her thinking but they knew what I wanted last week.
About June last year, when she was two and a half she finally found her voice, a very loud voice and she has hardly stopped talking since. Honestly this child can be in the car, and talk non stop for forty five minutes. I am not complaining, it is wonderful to now be able to have a conversation with her. Driving to school the other day Jacob said "Bianca can you just be quiet for one minute, so I can think?" There was a period when I thought he would never have to say be quiet to her.
I never thought I would be scrapping about her being LOUD, and she is very loud, but I am so grateful that I can.
Love this Denim Paper by TracyAnn - may even tempt me away from my white background addiction!
Credits:: Ventnor kit by TracyAnn Robinson from the Artlines 2 collection.
Flower by TracyAnn Robinson Random Patches 1
Fonts are Georgia and Susies hand
No comments:
Post a Comment