Monday, March 27, 2006

Waiting for Easter bunny...


Credits: All by Tracy Ann Robinson
Papers - Rosebud and Lilydale - from the Artlines 2 collection
Bunny - Random Patches 1
Stitched Scroll - Stitched thingy1
Font is Susies Hand

One of my pet peeves is the way that Christmas is only just over and then the stores begin marketing Easter. Honestly what is it with that? There were hot cross buns and Easter eggs for sale at my local supermarket on January 2nd! Have managed to steer Jacob and Bianca away from the confectionery aisle for almost three months, but there is definitely some Easter anticipation in the house right now.
All the asking about Easter and this cute bunny by Tracy inspired to dig out some previous years Easter photos to scrap. So here is Bianca, the chocoholic of my two children, guarding her egg collection from last Easter. Looking at this photo it hit me how much she has changed in the past year, she still looks like a baby in this photo.

Bianca has been toilet trained during the day for well over a year, but we haven't had a lot of success with night training. I must admit I haven't really pushed the point, because I hate washing sheets every day! I figured its only one nappy a night, one packet a month, not a big deal. Last night Miss independent announces "I want to wear pants to bed". I explained that meant she had to wake up if she needed to do a wee, a nappy may be easier, only to be informed "I hate nappies now!" Nothing can make this girl change her mind if she is really determined so even though I was far from confident I put her to bed wearing pants. Success! Awoke this morning to a dry bed. Of course Murphy's law means that tomorrow when we have to be out of the house at 7.45 am, the bed will be wet LOL!


Had a lovely lazy family day, went out for lunch, did a bit of shopping then home for tea, bed and bath for the children. Oh and washing, folding, ironing, cutting lunches, finding library books, packing backpacks and listening to home readers. Not a very exciting evening in our household!

Here's a quick layout I did tonight. No journalling! Unusual for me, and while Bianca is not always sweet lol.., only kidding, she is an adorable kid, thats the thought that popped into my head when I saw this photo.


Credits: Waverley Kit by Tracy Ann Robinson
Paper tear by Stephanie Krush

Off to have an early night before a day of grumpy customers tomorrow.

1 comment:

ksharonk said...

Love both your layouts ... very sweet! And I love Susies Hand too, what a beautiful font! :)