Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Expect the unexpected...

Well we went to the Lake for six days hoping for some sun, fishing, walking, barbeques and lots of fresh air. Not to be, our Easter was cold... minus 4 degrees Celsius on Sunday morning, wet... it rained every day, and windy... so windy we didn't go near the boat! One of my friends commented on our return that we must have had a horrible time. No! I had a wonderful six days, full of simple pleasures...

It was cold and wet, but we had coats, hats and gumboots, so we could still go for walks. Jacob and Bianca had so much fun fossicking along the lake edge, floating bark in the water, collecting rocks and splashing in the puddles.

I had good books, good company and chocolate... and time to enjoy them all. Even did some knitting again, nothing fancy just finished a pink fluffy scarf for Bianca and I'm half way through a red one for myself.

I watched my children delight in simple things... a bonfire, a possum eating our food scraps that we left outside for him, seeing a kangaroo, cooking toast over the fire when the electricity went off, boiling the kettle on the barbecue. Everything is an adventure when you are a kid!

We all cuddled in front of the fire and watched TV... How good was Dancing with the stars this week?

Jacob and Bianca made themselves a cubby house on the top bunk... and we didn't see them for hours on end. I love that they can use their imagination to amuse themselves.

No alarm clock, no mobile phone reception, no rushing to be at school... lots and lots of time. Simple pleasures with the people I love most...

And then home to six days worth of washing and ironing... not so pleasurable LOL!

No comments: