Thursday, April 27, 2006

Life's little moments...

After reading Ali Edwards article in CK about scrapping lifes little moments and scrapping right now, I decided to try and not just scrap the big events. I figure that in years to come its the little everyday moments which are more likely to be forgotten. So I have found a new place for my camera to live, within reach rather than in the cupboard and found a pretty notebook to jot down the little quirky and cute things my kids say. Often I'll be having a conversation, or one of them will do something funny and I think I should do a layout about this... and then when it comes time to scrap of course I have forgotten all about it.


Credits: Lucky star kit by Gina Cabrera
journaling reads: Its our sign for okay, its our sign for a job well done. Its our way of saying good luck, and I love you. Its what we do instead of waving goodbye. Thumbs up can mean a lot of things in our family. When did this start? I can remember my dad doing this when I was a child. Now it is my special sign to my children. I love that it is our special little signal. No words are needed, you always know what we mean. All is well with our life when we are giving the thumbs up.

The first one is of Jacob, who has been very neglected in my scrapping lately... mainly because every time he sees the camera he pulls a funny face or pokes his tongue out!
Thumbs up is a sign my dad and I had... it could mean a lot of different things and somehow we always knew what meaning was meant at the time. I think he would have been pleased to know my kids and I have the same sign now.

Credits: Black is Back - Lime Squeeze kit, Random Brushes and Splotches all by Tracy Ann Robinson.Font is Susies Hand

journaling reads: 26th April 2006. We cuddled in bed for ages tonight and yet you refused to shut your eyes. "I may have a bad dream" you said. "Close your eyes and think of something happy" I replied. And you did close your eyes. "What makes you happy?" I asked. A few seconds of silence, then you answered... "Mummy makes me happy... and dad... breakfast...Jadda...the zoo... and the park". Anything else I asked? "no that's all" you replied.

This is a conversation I had with Bianca last night... I wrote it down as soon as I left her room so I wouldn't forget this one. Bianca can be stubborn and challenging... but the moments like this make it all worthwhile. Sometimes I am still taken by surprise by how much I love these two children.


Credits: Black is back paper, Jellyfish fun pack flowers and alphabet all by Tracy Ann Robinson


Now Mark is definitely my biggest fan when it comes to scrapbooking. He has always been encouraging, supportive and proud of my efforts. He is never resentful of the time I spend on the computer, never complains that I no longer cook as much and shows off my layouts to all and sundry. But the day these photos were taken was the day that I knew he really "got" it. Tuesday Jacob and I went off to the movies with his school friend and Bianca and Mark stayed at home. I arrived home to a full memory card on the camera... yes Mark had taken 128 shots of Bianca! He had even layed on the grass beside the sandpit to get the right camera angles... all because he thought I might like to do a page about her having fun and because he always wanted to remember this afternoon. Oh I do love this guy! He is now fully converted to the scrapbooking cause LOL!

Anyway its late and I must get off to bed, more next time...

1 comment:

ksharonk said...

Jodie, love these layouts ... Doug does this for me too. When I am not there, he will take the camera along and take photos for me. He took the two photos of Tashy's triathlon last weekend, and I had one scrapped an hour after the event, lol! :)