Sunday, April 02, 2006

My kids are growing up...

And I think I'm a bit sad!

Isn't it weird how when they are little and so dependent that you think "I can't wait for them to be older", then when they are older and more independent you look back wistfully to the time they needed you more. Or at least I do. Now I know, I know Jacob and Bianca are only five and three, and they still need me heaps.
But... this morning, we all got up, had breakfast, they got dressed and then they went off and played together, without needing DH or I - for THREE hours! I was thinking lots of things, nice to see them playing so well together, nice that they are not fighting, nice that they can amuse themselves for so long. Particularly nice that they are not scattering every toy we own from one end of the house to the other LOL! All good things, and they were only at the other end of the house.
I could get stuff done uninterrupted, have a complete conversation with DH, this is what I waited for - wasn't it?

Rambling here and probably not making sense... in fact I am sure I am not making sense. They are growing into beautiful, capable children but the time just seems to be speeding by so fast. Maybe its because unlike some of my friends I loved the baby and toddler stage (not that I don't love this stage) and we are definitely past that now. We had a long struggle with infertility and I know that there will be no more babies for us. Most days I am okay with that, I am incredibly lucky to have two beautiful children. Just today they seem so grown up... and I am a bit sad. Silly isn't it?

Okay... enough rambling from me. Have been quite productive this morning, vacuumed, cleaned the pantry out (yuck! It was almost a health hazard), several loads of laundry and washed the floor. So after all that... deserved a little scrapping time!

Here's a quick layout of Jacob


Credits: April Mega Kit from Digiscrapdivas
Font is Bradley Hand

Journaling reads: This bug catcher has been one of the best toys we have ever given you. It has held lizards, spiders, lady bugs, a frog, butterflies and assorted beetles. You have studied these creatures intently, given them food and water and at the end of the day let them go.

2 comments:

ksharonk said...

You've been busy today ... I'm not sure what I did, but the day has disappeared. Love the big flower on your layout ... :)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I was not a big fan of the baby years because they were so needy. But now my baby is 5 and it feels like he's growing up too fast.