Thursday, May 25, 2006

Is it Thursday already?

Where did this week go? Sometimes I feel like a mouse of one of those little wheel things... running, running and not getting anywhere!
My Mum made a flying overnight visit on Tuesday night, I dragged her over to the Aussie chat at DSD to say hi and Peta kindly helped when I was demonstrating the wonders of Hello to her. She is toying with the idea of getting a computer and digi scrapping... I'm trying to tip her over the edge he he.

The reason my Mum came to visit was for the funeral of her eldest brother. He was 22 and had left home when my mum was born, so they have never been close, but it was still sad. Mum is one of six siblings and there are only three of them left now. So yesterday was the funeral, it was private, very simple but very moving. I don't like funerals at the best of times, who does really. But I hate really small funerals... there is no where to hide... and when I am upset I like to be able to just blend into the crowd a bit.

Afterwards we were all in need of a strong coffee, actually I could have probably done with a stiff drink LOL, but since it was only 11.30am we settled on lunch and coffee! Did a quick bit of shopping and collected Bianca and then Jacob. I thought we were never going to get away from school... Jacob insisted on showing Nana every single piece of work he has in his classroom, thank goodness its only first term.

Today is dress up day at Jacob's school... he had to be a nursery rhyme character. This did not overly impress my son who wanted to dress as Batman. Ah I don't think he is from a nursery rhyme Jacob! After considering his options - spider, Old king Cole, a mouse - he settled on little Jack Horner. I was just thankful he chose something easy.... A polystyrene pie courtesy of Mark's creative skills and a foam nose from red nose day as the plum and we were set. Have to be back at school this afternoon for a nursery rhyme concert.

I did manage two layouts in the midst of all of this... The first one is Bianca at the park at Christmas time, my sister took this photo.


Credits: Artlines Chelsea Kit, Splotches, Random Circle Brushes and Random Heart all by Tracy Ann Robinson
Font is century gothic

This photo is over a decade old, these are my two beautiful godsons. These little boys are now big, strapping teenagers... but they still have a strong bond.


Credits: Wash, worn and faded Vol 1 by Kathy Moore.
Fonts are Hurricane and Monotype Corsica

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your layouts Jodi, I'm glad you got a quick visit with your mum even though it was under sad circumstances.

ksharonk said...

Is it my imagination, or does your blog header change daily, lol? I'm sure this one wasn't here last time I looked ... I'm bored silly with mine, and it is about to GO!!! Beautiful layouts, girl! :)

Lisa said...

Oh Jodie, I so love your clean and simple style. These layouts are just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»