Anyway there is no denying that the years are ticking by and it turned out to be quite a good day. My sick boy made a nothing short of miraculous recovery about 10.00 am. Was I duped by a five year old into letting him have the day off school? I don't think so... I mean he did look and seem sick this morning. But he did bounce back very quickly! Jacob loves school and is thriving there this year, also today was my rostered day for parent help. He had been counting down the days, so I don't think he would have chosen today to fake it!
Took Bianca for her check up, not the best part of the day... nothing short of a nightmare to be honest. When we pulled up, she stated "I don't like this doctor!" and I thought uh oh. Bianca is stubborn and strong willed, if she doesn't want to do something she is very hard to budge. The pediatrician assured me that she was on the lower scale of badly behaved children he has to deal with... but he may have just been being kind. My daughter, who looks so adorable in photos, initially refused to leave the waiting room to go into the consulting room and then wouldn't speak to the Doctor. It took two of us to hold her down so he could examine and measure her head, listen to her chest and check her height. He gave up on her weight! She then plonked herself on a chair, decided that she didn't want her shoes back on and when I put them on anyway, she them threw them across the room. I could have cheerfully wrung her cute little neck... and I felt like such an ineffective parent. Her pediatrician is lovely, and he was very understanding and mapped out some strategies for us to try. He suggested staying very calm, quiet, pretend to be unbothered and generally just to not buy into all her drama... I have a feeling that is going to be easier said than done! But we have a detailed plan, he promised me I would see results... so we'll see how things go. Of course we left the pediatrician and as I am lifting Bianca into the car, she looks at me and says "Sorry I was so naughty Mum" and was a perfect little angel for the rest of the day.
We did brave the weather, Mark was driving through snow on his way home tonight, to head out for dinner. Went to a local hotel with my best friend Sandra and her family and my sister-in-law. Its a very family friendly venue with an indoor playground, so the kids played all night and we got to chat. Sandra made me a delicious chocolate mud cake... we had to light the candles five times, once for me to blow out and then once for each child.
I received some yummy presents, pjs (got them on already) a book voucher, stuff from the body shop, a scarf, a new red handbag and a lovely white platter. So I have been very spoiled. I have survived another year, I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful children, I have discovered digital scrapbooking, made some online friends.... life is good. So I figured I can cope with 39......
Anyway here is a layout I managed to complete today....

Credits: Montrose kit from the Artlines collection and Spring Hangups all by Tracy Ann Robinson
Font is Stone Serif
2 comments:
happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday dear jodie...
happy birthday to you!!
:)
Sneaky! :P
Rats! Peta stole my line, lol. Anyhow ... lol ... hope you have a GREAT birthday, and that the Birthday Bunny brings you lots of nice schtuff!!! :)
Post a Comment