It always feels wierd to me to be scrapping bright, beach photos in the middle of an Australian winter... but Jasmine's new kit just screamed out for a summer picture. So here are my two little munchkins in January, having fun in an old tractor tyre at the beach

Credits: Summer Surprises Kit by Jasbeanie from the Kewl Beans series
Overlay by Shabby Princess
Font is Pea Sues Print
This next layout was for the Garden Girls challenge at 2Peas - scrap something which scares you. Well this was the scariest day of my life, a day that I still don't like to think about it. But I believe in scrapping the good and the bad... and whilst this was a terrible day, we were very, very lucky and I try not to forget that.
Lot of journalling in this one, sorry...

Credits: Paper by Gina Carbrera, Alpha by Peta Stokes, Font is Arial
Journalling reads: Lots of little things scare me... snakes, mice and heights are the first things that spring to mind...but if I take a deep breath and focus I can deal with them. Then there are the big moments in life...I was scared when I heard the news that Dad had a terminal illness, I was scared to be present and watch him die, I was terrified when I was pregnant that I wouldn’t know how to be a mother. But all these things happened, and I coped and they weren’t half as scary as I thought they would be. But then there is fear beyond words, that nothing could have prepared me for, a day that even now when I think about it my heart still races and shivers still run down my spine. I will never forget finally being allowed into recovery and seeing my baby girl. While every other child had one nurse beside their bed, there were six people clustered around yours. You were very, very ill and I have never been so scared in my life. We had waited and waited... 2.30pm they told us... then 3.30... then 4.30... there are complications.... a little bit longer still.... finally at 5.20 pm we were allowed to see you for two minutes only. I had hoped and prayed all day, told myself over and over not to worry, she is in good hands, God will watch over you...and then I saw you. Hooked to numerous monitors, IV’s, swollen, bandaged and still having a blood transfusion....you had crashed in theatre, you had lost far too much blood, your lungs were full of fluid, your blood was not clotting properly and you were struggling to breath. And I was absolutely terrified... my baby was fighting for life and there was absolutely nothing that I could do. I learned that day that the worst fear is the one that you are powerless to overcome, when there is nothing that you can do to change the situation. I bent over and whispered in your ear to fight hard, stay with us and that we loved you... and then we just had to wait. God watched over you that night, and you are a fighter. You teetered on the brink of life and he decided to send you back to us. I look at you now three years later, strong and healthy and it seems so hard to believe you were ever that ill... but I still remember how scared I was that day.... July 15th 2003
And lucky last... is, don't faint, a layout with a picture of me... well actually two pictures of me. I hate scrapping myself, mainly because I never have a photo that I like LOL. Now yes Peta, I know that I"m probably just being silly, and I almost hit delete so many times while I was working on this layout...but I do want to try and get some of me in my albums... so here I am.

Credits: Downtown Adelaide by Tracy Ann Robinson, Shabby alpha by Suzy Nunes, Staple by Shabby Princess, Fonts are Pea Kim and Rubber Stamp

Time to collect the munchkins.....
2 comments:
Oh love them all Jodie... and it is cold here and I just finished a beach set.. very weird.. :-) I really like your journalling the scariest day one. AND I love the one with the Downtown Adeliade set :-).
Oh, your journaling gave me goosebumps ... I have to agree that being powerless to do anything, especially when the kids are in trouble, is waaaay scary! And OH I SEE YOU, rotflol! :)
Post a Comment