
Credits: Paper and ribbon from Enjoy Life by Mindy Terasawa
Stitched flower from Beautiful Me by Mindy Terasawa
Kraft paper by Robin Carlton from Tootsie Pop kit
Brush strokes by Michelle Coleman
Alpha by Jan Crowley
Journalling reads: The letter arrived in the mail yesterday. The letter we wanted to receive. The one that said “we are pleased to offer Bianca a place in our kindergarten class next year”. Yes we wanted to get this letter, and I was pleased, and I was proud. But I was also sad, because there really is no pretending now. No more hanging on to my baby girl. She is growing up. In seven, oh so short months, you will be starting kindergarten. You will have a uniform, a backpack, a new lunch box and you will spend two full days at school. You are excited, you can’t wait and you ask all the time “ when can I go to school?”. And I will miss you so much. You are moving on to other things, and as much as I would like to stop time and keep you little, or at least slow things down a bit, I know that I can’t. I can only treasure each moment of the here and now, and look forward to new adventures. But in the corner of my heart, no matter how big you are, how much you learn, or how far you go...you will always be my baby girl
And you know what... as soon as I had it down on paper - well the computer screen in reality LOL - I felt so much better. I'm sure there are new and exciting times ahead for us, as much as I would like to, no one can stop time...and hey I still have seven months!
1 comment:
Awww Jodie, I know that feeling. When my eldest went to his first day of Kindergarten I bawled for about an hour. I still have a year with Mike at home with me yet, and holding on tight!!!
Precious layout, your journaling is so heartfelt. TFS Jodie, I love it!!!
Post a Comment