Saturday, August 26, 2006

Scrapping, swimming, shopping and sleeping...

Well I know that its going to appear that I have spent all day scrapping LOL... but honestly I haven't. Most of these layouts have been in the virtual vault, so to speak, waiting for today to be posted. So lets see, lots of news to share....

Suzy Nunes has now moved to the Sweet Shoppe. You can check her designs out here. Her two new kits are just gorgeous and she also has some old favourites repackaged. To celebrate she has a lovely freebie on her blog... click here to have a peek. So here are some layouts with Susies new designs.....


Credits: Winterberry Wood by Suzy Nunes
Font is Garamond


Credits: Winterberry Wood by Suzy Nunes, Font is Jane Austen


Credits: All paper and elements from Crisp Cotton Hideaway by Suzy Nunes
I resized the frame from the kit to make an 8.5x11 layout frame.
Font is Angelina

Credits: Green Paper by Gina Cabrera
All other papers and stitching from Grandma's kitchen by Suzy Nunes FREE on her blog
Font is Susies Hand

Mindy Terasawa has a gorgeous new kit available at scrapbokgraphics called rejoice....


Credits: Rejoice by Mindy Terasawa from scrapbookgraphics
Fonts are Milk and Cereal, century gothic, journal, monotype corsiva and Adler.

Now I did say I did other non-scrapping stuff today... took Jacob and Bianca swimming for a couple of hours. The pool was fairly quiet which was nice and relaxing... also makes it so much easier to keep track of your children. Jacob has been having swimming lessons for two years and can now freestyle quite well. Bianca has just about finished her first term. She has absolutely no fear of the water and never has. As a baby she loved bath time and the first time we took her to the beach, she headed straight out into the water, only stopping when the waves were lapping her chin.

We had lunch at the pool and then hit the supermarket. Now a word of advice... NEVER take a six and three year old to the supermarket on a Saturday afternoon after spending three hours at the pool! All we heard was "I'm tired! my legs hurt! how much longer will it take? its taking too long? why can't I have a toy? why can't I have lollies?" Culminating in Jacob bursting into tears and declaring " I just want Nana because she is nicer than you!" and Bianca almost falling asleep in the shopping trolley. We grabbed the groceries and went straight home. Must remember for next time... groceries before the pool!
Thankfully they were both tucked up in bed, sleeping like angels by 7.00 pm!

Speaking of which my bed is calling. If anyone is actually reading this blog.... leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

ksharonk said...

Me, me, me ... I'm reading your blog, rotflol. You have been a BUSY girl, and I'm not talking about swimming and shopping, lol. Lotsa layouts ... beautiful stuff, Jodie! :)