Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday wonderings....

Wondering if I spend too much time behind the camera? Why? Well lots of reasons... I have hardly any photos of me, or me with the kids... I think the most recent photo of Mark and myself is about six years old. Really need to do something about that. Oh and then there is my little diva Bianca.... who is continually dressing up and requesting in her words... "lots and lots of photos". She is rather cute actually, and still co-operative.... maybe I should enjoy it while it lasts.

So here is the result of her latest request for photos.... a very fetching outfit and hairstyle chosen and created by herself. When I asked what she was dressed as, I was informed that she was a cowgirl fairy!


Credits: Black paper by little possum designs available at pickleberrypop
All other elements from Thank Heaven for little Girls by Mindy Terasawa available at sweet shoppe designs
Chipboard alpha by Jan Crowley
Fonts are Black Jack and Pea Sue print

Jacob is obsessed with all things cool right now! I'm not sure how cool it is to ride your little sisters tricycle, but I am sure that borrowing Dad's sunnies ups the coolness factor.


Credits: Rock Star by Little Possum Designs available at pickleberrypop
Font is Hootie

Had a nice relaxing day today. Slept in and got up for a late breakfast. We flicked the TV on just as the memorial service to Steve Irwin began. I thought it was a wonderful tribute to him. The four of us watched it and laughed and sang along. Mark, myself and Jacob also cried and marvelled at how amazingly brave Bindi was. And when it was all over we hugged the kids and were thankful for today.

It rained most of the morning, so we packed the kids up and went to the movies to see The Wild. The movie was only just okay from an adults perspective, great animation, but the story is very similiar to Madagascar. It was the munchkins pick though and they enjoyed it which was the main thing. I wasn't sure how we would fare, it was Bianca's second trip to see a movie on the big screen... on her first trip she only lasted ten minutes. Today she took it all in her stride though.... the kids combo of popcorn may have helped LOL. She only got a bit restless in the last ten minutes.

And because I think that I may spend too much time taking photos... I haven't had my camera out all week. Must be a record for me!

2 comments:

ksharonk said...

And here I was thinking I hadn't touched my camera in a very long time, lol. Sounds like a fun day ... we are off to the movies during the holidays too! Oh, btw, you've been TAGGED! ;)

Penelope said...

I don't know many mothers who have photos of themselves and their kids LOL. I have to specifically remind DH to grab the camera occasionally!