Saturday, November 11, 2006

Keeping Mr Johnson & Johnson happy...

Do you love the smell of J&J baby powder? Well hop right over to my house if you do!

How much mess can two small girls make with ONE tin of baby powder... A LOT !!!

We should have known better... first we hear some whispering, then some giggling, then the bedroom door shuts and then silence. That should have been a warning to us. After a while I commented to Mark "Gee those girls are quiet"... Mark did suggest that maybe we should check, that maybe quiet was NOT a good thing. Should have listened to him. Instead I drank a little more coffee, read a little more of the paper... and lifted my head when I heard giggling, to a vision of two girls totally covered, head to foot, hair, eyelashes, the works in baby powder. Arrgh!!! Opened the bedroom door and out billows a white cloud of talc. There was not a surface, or toy that was not covered in powder. It was rubbed on the walls, in the carpet, in the wardrobe, on the bookshelf, on the bed, on the windows and on practically every toy that Bianca owns

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry... so I snapped something to the effect of "You have both been VERY naughty, get in the bathroom NOW!" Turned the bath on and spent an hour cleaning. Ten hours later, our house smells lovely... my nostrils are full of powder and the dust is still settling.

Now how long did it take my darling daughter and friend to create this havoc? Five minutes!!!
Like I said Mr Johnson & Johnson is happy tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photos?! Where are the photos?! Eeek, never mind, I think I can imagine it! LOL

Lisa said...

LOL Sorry but i cant help laughing :) Im with Annette... what happened to the pics?! hahahaha
mmmm baby powder smell.. mind if I stow away in your house for a while?! I love the smell!

Chris said...

LOL Jodie too funny and where are the photos??????? I hope you took plenty???!!!! On the positive the carpets would be very very clean and so will everything else. 5 mins of havoc versus 10 hours of cleaning......hummmmmm (naughty girls but very very cheeky)