So today I spent doing all my last minute errands... Dog is clipped and bathed and returned home wearing a very cute Christmas collar, the munchkins attended a friend's birthday party at the swimming pool, house is semi tidy, gifts are wrapped and this afternoon we baked. We had flour from one end of the kitchen to the other and all over both kids but we now have a large container of choc chip cookies, another of chocolate hedgehog and gingerbread in star, christmas tree, angel, santa, gingerbread man and reindeer antler shapes!!! The gingerbread shapes are the sole creation of Jacob and Bianca and they are so proud. Tomorrow I have been informed that they need to be decorated with red and green icing. Heaps of fun, even if it did take me half an hour to clean up afterwards.
And finally a NON Christmas layout.....

Credits: Lil Trouble Maker by Mindy Terasawa available at Designer Digitals.
Font is Georgia.
Journaling reads:Even after six and a half years it still takes me by surprise, how suddenly one day I realise that you have changed right before my eyes. And though I have been with you every day, I somehow have missed it. This year has been no different. Suddenly you can read. You can add and subtract. Kick and mark the football. You want to carry your own backpack. Everything is described as “cool” and “awesome”. You watch Pokemon and Video hits. Matchbox cars have been replaced by Yugioh cards. Hi5 is out and rock and roll is in. Changes right before my eyes. And some days I wonder how I missed them. Some days I am sad for the times we are leaving behind. But then this morning you crawled into bed for a cuddle. You felt long and lanky, all arms and legs. But you snuggled up to me, despite all the changes there was still a bit of my little boy left. And you know what? It’s all good, I love the big boy that you are becoming Jacob, I love the interesting person you are growing up to be...just don’t get there too fast okay!
Off to bed for me now...
No comments:
Post a Comment