So one week to go to Christmas... anyone who has ever worked in any type of retail environment will tell you that the world goes a little bit crazy about now. Lot of frenzied shopping, lots of busy assistants and tired and frazzled customers. From the moment we opened the doors this morning until when I left, half an hour late, we had customers twelve deep at both counters. Lots of pressure to have to work under all day, lots of little problems and I came home feeling very bah humbug!
But surprisingly my day did get better... My very kind and dedicated day carer had given my munchkins dinner, so I stopped at the corner shop and got them an icecream for dessert. Couldn't be bothered cooking dinner ... so I sliced the xmas ham and we had thick slices of crusty bread topped with ham and chutney, freshly brewed coffee and played two games of battleships with the kids. For the record Jacob won both times. Bianca then made dessert for us all by herself, she was so proud of her effort... vanilla yoghurt with raspberries and grapes!!! And I realised that this was what Christmas was really all about... simply being with the people I love, not really doing much, just hanging out. Of course it helps that I only have one three hour shift at work on Thursday night to survive and then I am done until after new year LOL!
I have lots of creative team goodies... so I am off to scrap... only SEVEN more sleeps!
No comments:
Post a Comment