Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Trying to find the magic...


Credits: Scraps of the season - cheer, Cabana Boy stitching and blossoms all by Dani Mogstad and available at Design by Dani.
Alpha (recoloured) by Jan Crowley
Font is Pea jenny script

Journaling reads: Magic, that's what this time of the year is. Excitement in the air, sparkling ornaments around the house. Shimmering lights on the tree. The days get warmer, school is nearly over. A glimpse of Santa when you are shopping. Rolls of wrapping paper and shiny ribbon. Beautiful presents under the tree. Mixing, baking and icing in the kitchen. Carols on the tv. Christmas cards in the mail. Swirling summer dresses. Barbeques for tea. Driving to see the Christmas lights. A nativity scene on the table. Joy in your heart and a sparkle in your eyes. Always believe in the magic of Christmas Bianca and try and keep some with you every day.

So its December... and I am trying to slow down, breathe and just enjoy this time. I realised the other day that my kids will only be little for such a short time, will probably only believe in Santa, rudolph and fairies for a few more years. I don't want to waste those years stressing about all the things that need to be done in December. So I have decided - enough of my Bah Humbug mood and stressing about all that needs to get done. I am really trying to find the magic in Christmas and hold on tight to it in the midst of all the madness.

And on that note, its very hot here today, so right now Miss Bianca and I are going to sit under the sprinkler... he he!!! So nice to have an excuse to be silly sometimes.

No comments: