
Yes my baby girl is now in her words "a really really big girl!!!"
Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and good wishes.
She had a great day! Very excited, her feet hit the floor at 7.00 am with the announcement "I'm going to school today" which was repeated approximately every two minutes until when we were half way to school Jacob said "can you stop saying that you are giving me a headache".
Its so much easier for the second child. Bianca bounded into kindergarten, knew the teachers, the room, some of the other students and the routine. She unpacked her bag and sat down to do some "hammering". I have heard about the "hammering" all summer... a cork board that you hammer flat wooden shapes into. It was her favourite activity at orientation, so once she spotted it she was happy and off she went. When the bell rang, she looked across at Mark and I on the other side of the room and waved goodbye. I had to go over and ask her for a kiss goodbye LOL.
I didn't even cry!!! I thought I would, Mark thought I would... but she was so happy and excited, that I couldn't be sad. It is a wonderful kindergarten and I know she will be loved and nurtured like Jacob was, so no tears from Mum.
And Jacob has been a wonderful big brother and been down to visit her twice each day. Catches her at the bottom of the slide and plays puppet shows with her. Its a big deal for him to give up play time with his friends and really sweet how he feels the need to check on her.

So wow I have TWO school age children. Gosh how did that happen?
1 comment:
Awwwwww... that is just so sweet hun. I love that Jacob goes to check on her - I hope Bianca knows how lucky she is to have such a great big brother! Also had to giggle when he asked her to stop saying she was going to school as it was giving him a headace hehe.
HUGE congrats on the no tears - I'm impressed!
Post a Comment