Saturday, July 28, 2007

Footy fun...

Hmmm... Jacob's footy program has been running for three months and last week was the first time I took any photos, how slack am I! Then of course the batteries in my camera died just as he kicked a goal!


Credits HERE

He plays in the local Auskick program, for any non Aussies or non AFL supporters it is a fun program for 5 to 7 year olds where they learn skills, some fitness and play with modified rules and on a smaller ground. Jacob played at school last year and didn't really seem to be all that into it. This year he asked to play in the local competition and he has loved it. Not sure that I have loved standing in the cold, with my hands and feet going numb as much... ahh the joy of winter sport.

Last week after a couple of practice games amongst themselves, they got to play another club... who didn't have enough players so Jacob ended up playing for the opposition against his friends. I don't think it bothered him, mainly because he liked the number on the jumper they gave him to wear better than the number on his own! The things that are important when you are seven!

And speaking of being seven and also being a footballer... apparently we are now too cool and too tough to smile for Mum...


Credits HERE

Have a happy weekend :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great layouts!
aww..the last photo is too cute! I wonder when my kids are going to start being cool to their mommy and daddy....:)