Friday was mid term break, designed to give everyone a day off to chase away the winter blues. I asked my two what they wanted to do... Bianca wanted to go to Queensland, but I explained that was not really possible with only one day off. So after a conference together they requested, cuddles in bed, the library, a visit to a local bakery and swimming. So we cuddled in bed, watched some morning tv, packed the bathers and headed off to the library. Twenty seven book selections later... the school library limits them to two books per visit, they go bananas when I take them to the town library... we stopped at the bakery for morning tea for them and coffee for me :) Then we hit the aquatic centre... indoor because it is winter here and no way I am taking them to an outdoor pool when it is 8 degrees lol! Nothing like mid week swimming during term time... we met a friend and her daughter and for two hours the three kids had the kiddies pool to themselves. What bliss for them... and I got to chat to my friend, so it was all good.
Saturday it was cold and drizzly, so we stayed inside in pj's for most of the day... I scrapped a little and the munchkins made a cubby in the lounge. This involved re arranging the furniture, several large boxes, both clothes airers, every blanket and cushion we own and half the peg bucket to hold it all together.... by the end of it I could not walk across the lounge room... but they were quiet and happy, so I wasn't complaining.
Sunday we headed up North for my niece's 4th birthday. It took forever... there was also an AFL game being played in Launceston, so it felt like half of Hobart was heading up the highway with us. We made it to the party on time, but only just. Jacob was stressing the whole way, he hates being late for anything, but especially a party. We kept telling him he wouldn't miss any games or food...but he managed to worry himself into a headache anyway. It was a gorgeous winter day so after the party we hit the park.... and I tried to take some photos... note that I said tried! What is that saying about never working with kids or animals again?

My Mum, that's her peeking in at the edge up there, has four grandchildren, they live two hours drive apart ... and she has said she just wants one photo, just a snapshot of the four of them together. Since in her opinion I take "lots of photos" she has taken to asking me for "just one photo of the four of them" whenever we are all together. Hmmm....well sorry Mum but at this point I think we either need professional help.... or we need to wait until the youngest two are responsive to bribes lol! These are the best of a very bad bunch, the kids were tired and on a sugar high and the light was just awful...


As I said to Mum, I do take lots of photos...but that doesn't mean that I know what I am doing... and while I love these shots because they are a slice of real life, they are not quite what my Mum has in mind for framing lol! Maybe we will have better luck next time.
So after a few hours, it was back down the highway and home. It was not a fun trip home, Bianca was tired and whingy... but not tired enough to go to sleep, that would have been bliss... just tired enough to whine, fight with her brother and cry half the way. A very LONG two hours! And then the end of the weekend reality... ironing, tidying, packing lunches and backpacks... oh and two hours of Grey's Anatomy, so it was not all bad ;)
Have to agree with the boy though... it just wasn't long enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment