Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bye bye nursery...

My baby wants a "big boy's room". I suppose that really, considering he is seven it is not such an unreasonable request. I decorated his room when I was six month pregnant, in soft blues, white and a touch of buttery yellow. I didn't know if we were expecting a boy or a girl and I figured it was a unisex scheme. It was also the colour scheme I had carried in my head for such a long time... through all the struggles to fall pregnant and keep a baby I had this vision of the room I would one day bring him or her home to. When the cot went we just continued with the blue, white and yellow... perfect for a toddler boys room. But at seven... nope he is way past cute and he hates blue, so it is going.

We looked at paint charts, vetoed several choices... it really is too small a room to paint every wall deep teal green, and I am sure that fire engine red on four walls is way too stimulating... and finally found a choice we could all live with. So tomorrow, the start of the munchkins four day weekend, we are removing the wallpaper frieze and all things that Jacob deems "cute or babyish". The replacement is a deep cobalt blue feature wall, a nice creamy white on the other walls and some new striped bed linen to match. The boy is very excited and I think it should look great... but its the last remmnants of my babies room that I am stripping away... and its hard not to be a bit sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh I hate saying by to the nursery! I am sure the room will be incredible though. :)